Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Update

I've been very bad at writing blog posts lately, so have much to let you all know about!  Mostly, I've spent my time creating a special little Paper Doll booklet for the Hockaday School's centennial celebration.  You may remember that I mentioned it a little while ago in this post.  It has taken up a huge amount of my time, but I've enjoyed every minute of it!
 Below is a photo of Daisy wearing the school uniform from 1928 and below her are the different school uniforms from past to present.  I made a little pair of cowgirl boots for her to honour the fact that she's from Texas!
 Here she is wearing her white hat and dress, which is part of the graduation ceremony.
 Whilst working on the Paper Doll project, I started creating some new pattern designs.  The first were two new Binky Boo's - a cow and a little lamb.  I have a couple more sketched in my notebook, so they're next on my list:)
Also in the works is a new doll pattern with the option of making three different outfits.  I have not started on the third doll yet, but she'll have a bohemian theme which I've very excited about!  As always, these patterns will be available as regular pdf's, but I'd like to know your thoughts on having them available as separate kits - complete with the pattern booklet, felts and yarn to make each one. 
















 A little while ago, I was asked by one of my Australian friends if I would like to participate in a charity auction called Collaborate for a Cause.   It's an annual event that raises money for all sorts of good causes.  Our little group is donating kitties made from my Flora the Explorer pattern and we've chosen a theme based on different careers.  Here's my little baker:)
I'll admit that I completely revised Flora's original pattern to make this little one and I'm very happy with the new version!  So happy in fact, that I've decided to make three more! 
I haven't sewn them up yet, but I can't wait to see how sweet they're going to be!  And I think these would be perfect as kits as well!

Last, but not least - I am so happy to share that my Pocket Pets made it into this month's Molly Makes magazine!  Woohoo!  What a complete honour!!  And look our for next month's Australian Homespun magazine - they'll be featuring my Hansel and Gretel pattern as a project in the mag for those of you who'd like to make them!  Can't wait!!
Wishing you all a very crafty week!
~Shelly xo

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having an exciting summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get the patterns for the new little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new girls and Flora's chef's hat! Congrats on the magazine spots--so awesome! I would buy a kit or two for me or a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new girls!! You are one busy, creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que lindo! Amei!
    Lembrei de meu tempo de menina!

    Abraços!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new girls and would totally buy a kit!! I like kits : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Shelly, Congrats on the magazine features! I'll look for them as I subscribe to both magazines. The girls are darling and I can't wait to see the bohemian themed doll. I love the idea of kits, I would buy them in a heartbeat. I would even purchase a kit for the super cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much! I've had a few days off, and will be getting back to business tomorrow! Much sewing to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shelly, Well looks like I'm doing things backwards-now I see where you show your mention in the magazine. I just happened to find it while browsing my copy and was so thrilled to see you there!! I am so happy about the mentions that you are frequently getting!

    I am in love with your new dolls and look forward to the third Bohemian gal! They will definitely be on my favs list of things I want....

    I am in my crocheting mode at the moment - I've been making little dresses of all sizes with hopes of adding some to Etsy and/or Ebay. What is the size of the new girls? I love the freckles and the shoes and think the outfits are darling. Also love your new Kitty and the 3 to be finished. Sweet Sweet Sweet!!!!!!

    Hope to talk soon,
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Your work is ADORABLE in every sense of the word. My mother saws a lot of things, and I love sewing only by hand, but I have never seen work so neat and clean and the combination of color is just awesome, but I do have to ask you... how do you get your craft to be so neat? please share :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly, seus trabalhos são lindos, encantadores! Sou apaixonada por sua arte. Boa semana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, my 9 year old woke up this morning and said that she had met a lovely new friend in her dream called Flora. We googles little girls called Flora and photo of your two little dolls popped up. One with blonde hair and a few pink streaks and the little red head. Do you sell these?? My daughter has blonde hair and last year we popped some red streaks in. She reckons the little red head is Flora. How do we purchase the patterns from you x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!