Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Lady Aggie

A little while ago I got a request to make a Little Lady for a lady who is expecting a baby girl in April.  She wanted me to make her look like a doll I had made a couple of months ago, you can see her here:  http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.202586458.jpg.  So, this is Aggie, one of three Little Ladies I've got on the go. 

Aggie wears a hand knitted cardigan made by my talented mom, a sweet little piggie and panda dress in Japanese linen and black Mary Janes.  Below are some pics of her work in progress. 

I finally managed to write up the pattern for the Bunny, Bear and Fox Brooches and it is now available in my shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gingermelon.

These little cuties can be made into brooches, onraments or just left as minis.

Hope you all have a wonderful week:)

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the brain storms. It has been fun to let it all hang out. This was a no-holds-barred mental jamboree that will be missed.
    Wedding Dresses
    Very nice , I shall try.. Well deserved! I really enjoy your blog and am impressed by your finds. Keep it up!
    Sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...she is so sweet and lovely. Your dolls always look so sophisticated and classy. It keeps me inspired to continue to make mine. Thank you Shelly for sharing.

    -Carolyn-

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable!! I would love to make one of your dolls! Do you sell the pattern for her? I see a little felt doll pattern in your Etsy shop but I wasn't sure if that's the same pattern.

    Thank's
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies! Pattie, I don't have the Little Lady pattern available as it's very complicated to explain, but the Pocket Pixies are very similar and a lot easier to make:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! I keep missing your dolls, I hope one of these days I can get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kelly and Beth! I do have two more Little Ladies in the works and will post pics as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie Mae said...
    This Little Lady is adorable : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aggie is so adorable! I love the little knitted cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Maggie Mae and Evelyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what kind of cloth u make those embroidered face

    ReplyDelete
  11. what kind of fabric do you use on the face the one that is painted on the hoop and what type of paint do you use ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!