Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Quick Hello!

Hello, hello, hello... Is there anybody in there?  Just nod if you can hear me....  Is there anyone home?  Having two teenage boys who love Pink Floyd, The Beatles, AC/DC etc... makes for interesting songs to get stuck in my head!




Anyway, I'm hoping that your week is going better than mine!  Ours started off on a bad note when we returned from our weekend get-a-way.  One of my tenants alerted me about an injured baby pigeon that was struggling to move in the courtyard of our apartment building.  I went down to see what I could do and there he was, with a hole in his back, behind his wing.  His mom was very close by and I could tell that they were both traumatized.  Well, I quickly got hubby dearest to come down with a towel, and he laid it over baby and was able to pick him up and bring him upstairs.  We then raced him to the Wildlife Rescue Centre where they could treat him for his injuries.  Mommy bird waited in the courtyard for her baby for two days, calling him and looking everywhere - I felt heartbroken for her:(  Today the Rescue centre phoned to say that the baby didn't make it.   He had a badly broken femur, which I hadn't noticed, and there was no way for them to mend it.  So sad!!

Other than that, my week has been incredibly busy.  I'm in DIRE need of  a break!  One that includes a massage, a maid and a cook!  Oh, and if someone could come over and sand all the paperclay body parts that are strewn all over my dining room table, I'd be in heaven!


These are the two dolls I finished yesturday.  The red haired one is a custom order and will be on her way to a new home with Florence, the green haired doll I made last week.  I'm sure the two little girls who'll receive them will have  oodles of fun with them!

I'm now in the process of creating a custom paperclay doll, which I'd hoped to be further along with by now, but I got a good amount of hours put in today, so hopefully she'll be done by the end of the weekend.  Will post some pics of that next time.

Well, I'm off to bed now.  That warm, soft, squishy oasis is calling..... Yawn!