Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Lady Sally's Jessica Hamby Art Doll

I have a little secret.  I never watch TV.  In fact, I'm not sure why we bother paying for cable because no one in our home watches TV.  I know....  weird huh??   I tend to spend most of my time working on dolls and listening to music while I'm working.
A few weeks ago, I got a request to do an art doll for the lovely Lady Sally.  She sent me a picture of a girl in a yellow sundress and between other custom orders that I was working on, I started making the body parts for the doll. Even though Lady Sally suggested doing a google search on a girl named Jessica Hamby for more pics, I chose to use the original photo she'd sent me as my inspiration.

So, what does all this have to do with not watching TV you ask?  Well, today, Lady Sally asked me if I could make her doll look like the character she plays.  What!!!???  I frantically typed Jessica Hamby into google, found out she's in a show called True Blood, and then You Tubed the show.  Thank goodness I was able to find a video with the young lady in it!  Anyway, here's some pic's of her progress:)





























From top to bottom: 
: The hair, fabric and trim,
: Heads drying before sanding - made two so I could decided which would be the better to use,
: Legs connected with embroidery thread,
: Waiting for paint.
More pic's comming soon.  Hope you like her so far Lady Sally:)