Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

An Exciting New Project!

Oh my goodness, it's been a while, hasn't it!?  I hope you've all been enjoying your summer or winter - wherever you may be in this wonderful world of ours!  My summer has gone by in the blink of an eye!  True's Bob, the older I get, the quicker it goes!  Do you find that too??  Anyway, I'm not complaining as I still get to do what I love everyday - make dollies!

My two latest projects have been shrouded in secrecy and it's been terribly hard to keep everything to myself!  Firstly, I've collaborated with the wonderful Australian Homespun magazine again and they will be featuring a doll pattern that I designed exclusively for them in the January 2015 edition.  The second project is extremely exciting for me, but it's enormous and will keep me busy into the New Year!  I'm working on a book of felt dolls, each with a different theme.  There will be between 12 - 15 themes in total and will include a ballerina, princess, fairy, amongst others.  As you know, I love sharing 'work-in-progress' pics, but due to the nature of both these projects, I've not been able to even give sneak peeks of anything till now...
This is the first batch of dolls for the book, all wrapped and ready to go to the publisher's.  I know it's a bit of a tease, but it's all I can show.
Here's what I can show - teeny tiny felt undies for the the dolls :)

Please know that I will try my best to keep in touch.  I've had almost no time at all to check my Facebook page over the last few weeks, but please keep posting photos of your Gingermelon makes on my wall - they are such an inspiration to others and I love seeing how they turn out!

Sweetest regards,
~Shelly xo

PS  Watch out for an End of Summer Sale coming soon!