Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happily Ever After...

Hello:)  Hope you're having a nice weekend!  I'm just so happy it's spring and to celebrate the season, I decided to make a wedding couple.  I've been wanting to do one for a while and finally got the chance to give it a go.  I think it might be a lovely idea for a cake topper!


Presenting the happy panda pair - Isabella and Percival.




For the blushing bride, I added a string of glass pearls to her neck and made her a tiny veil from a pale pink piece of netting to which I added flower beads.  Her cheeks have been lightly blushed with pencil crayon and her eyes are smudged with  pencil crayon and ink.













Percival wears a felt top hat with a sparkly band and matching bow tie.  I sewed green crystal glass beads to his chest and smudged his eyes too.
















Zoe Kitten was given the honour of being their flower girl.  She wears her favourite lavender ribbon around her neck and a pretty felt flower on her head.  The wedding party is now available in my shop.

 We're hoping to get our canoes out tomorrow and go for a row if the weather is nice.  Can't wait!!

Shelly
xo 

16 comments:

  1. Hello, i like your work especially the animals. I remain a follower i invite to visit my blog pintalalluna
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marisol! Will pop over for a visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet as always, i love them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are absolutely adorable! i love them! especially the smudged blackness round their eyes, it works really well

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice couple! And a flower girl is awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute creatures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh, these are really lovely. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful creations! I love them. They look so cute! I congratulate you, Great work, greetings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much! I really enjoyed making these two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi! i have to say i have always admired your artwork and i think i really fell in love with your spring pixie. in your april post, showing your new little pixies, youasked if you should sell the pattern and my answer would be YES, YES! i would surely buy it and have fun making those little lovelyness.
    hugs to you
    monique x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire all of your dolls, but this pink kitten is sooooo adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow~ your works are awfully cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in AWE of your dolls so amazing. I can NOT sew to save my life. I've tried & its just not happening! :) The rag dolls melt my heart good thing my little girl didn't see them because she would plee for Mama to find them for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Ellie! I must admit that I was the worst sewer ever when I started and if you had to see some of my earlier attempts you'd be surprised! But, I think with anything, the more you do it, the easier it gets!

    PS. I found a cat I made when I was first trying my hand at designing my own patterns and learning to sew at the same time - will have to share a photo of it so you can all have a good laugh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!