Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hansel and Gretel

A little while ago, I was contacted by the editor of Australian Homespun Magazine.  Catherine asked if I would like to create a doll duo pattern for their upcoming June issue.  We discussed ideas for the theme and I decided to base my project on another of my favourite fairy tale stories - Hansel and Gretel.  Because the pattern would be published in the winter edition of the magazine, Catherine wanted me to go with a blue colour scheme, which I think is perfect for that season!

 After weeks of designing, making, re-making and almost pulling my hair out whilst creating their little outfits, they're finally ready!  Hope you like them!

Each doll is made with a combination of wool blend and hand woven wool felt and they measure about 10 inches tall.
Their outfits are removable and I've made Gretel a little basket which will hold all of the goodies they've stolen from the Witch's cottage.
 This pattern will be released in my shop two months after the initial publishing date of the issue in which it is published. 
 Have a happy week:)
~Shelly xo

14 comments:

  1. Another cute pattern, Shelly, and congratulations for having it published in Australian Homespun - a lovely publication. Will look forward to this issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing opportunity! All your hard work certainly paid off. I love the colors and details of their outfits. Your creativity continues to amaze and inspire me!
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Shelly! How wonderful for you! The dolls are just so sweet looking. Your hard work paid off and you have outdone yourself yet again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two little dolls are terrific. I will have to watch out for that magazine. What a thrill for you. The clothes on the dolls is just perfect.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These two are fabulous like all of your others! I cannot wait until you can release their patterns!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Shelly, and being published (soon) in Australian Homespun. A wonderful magazine to showcase your immense talent. Hansel and Gretel are just adorable. Bravo!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You're going to have even more fans before your know it! I love your Fairy Tale Dolls! Everyone of them was adorable but I think I love this pair the most. I think what catches my eye the most are all the details! Gretel's dress, the candy and treats, their eyes... everything about them is beautiful! Lovely work! You inspire me :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look wonderfull, love the bascket its lovely couple, congrats for the magazine work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear, sweet Shelly, I am so happy for you sweetie!!! You are amazing and so talented and creative! You deserve it! I love Hansel and Gretel! You did a beautiful job, as always! Your stitches are perfect! I can imagine how those outfits made you feel, but you did a perfect job! I love them both! Lots of love and hugs, Paula xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous Shelly - well done on the magazine article!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little shopping basket .... too cute. Gorgeous dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being featured in the magazine. I am in love with this cute pair and can"t wait for the pattern to come out. Which issue of the Magazine is it in as I have friends in Australia, and maybe they will send me an issue :-) or they can be on the look out for them selves. I adore your patterns and hope to buy some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg!! These look absolutely adorable, I cannot wait to get the pattern when it is released :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!